Presented by Douglas Pendleton
- Fee $150
- Sept 25, Oct 2, 9 & 16 @ 6:00-9:00 pm
- in The Center’s room G07
- 28 S Linn St, Iowa City, Iowa
A thorough introduction to oil painting and the still life genera. This class will cover basics such as brush care, and preparing a canvas to more advanced issues such as composition, direct vs indirect painting, and color theory. We will work with water soluble oils in order to minimize fumes in the classroom and facilitate easy clean up.
And here’s a materials list:
- Colors: Burnt Umber, Alizerine Chrimson, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow, Titanium white
- Optional Colors: Cerulean Blue, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Lemon, Veridian Green, Venetian Red, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Cobalt Blue, Quinacridone Purple
- Brushes: 4 Non Synthetic, Bristle Brushes, 2 – #6 brushes, 2 – #2 brushes• Wooden Palette
- Rags (cut up t-shirt is best)
- Primed canvas stretched or taped to a board, or a primed board, or oil-compatible paper.
- Please bring a portable easel if you have one